South Tacoma Neighborhood Spotlight
I enjoy South Tacoma and all that it offers as a hub of the South Sound. Here are just a few of my favorite places you’ll find in the neighborhood:
- Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que: Famous Dave’s has excellent drinks and Jessica in the bar is the absolute best. They also have an extensive menu with barbecue favorites, from their signature ribs and roasted chicken to award-winning chili and delicious cornbread.
- Tibbitts at Fern Hill: You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu at Tibbitts. Shawn makes delicious meals using only the freshest ingredients. He is a great example of the “farm to table” model—he partners with local farmers to bring you the very best cuisine!
- LA Fitness: This new gym on South 72nd St has it all—enjoy amenities like the indoor pool, group fitness classes, personal training, the special “Kids Klub,” and much more.
- Wapato Park: When you want to spend some time out in the fresh air, Wapato Park offers several scenic acres to explore. Enjoy the 0.9-mile trail that winds around Wapato Lake, let pups run wild at the dog park, plan gatherings at the picnic shelters, and let little ones burn off energy at the playground.
THINGS TO DO
- Regal Cinemas: On Tuesdays, Regal Cinemas is discounted and after your movie is done, walk across the parking lot to Green Pup Sports Bar to shoot some pool or throw some darts.
- Bass Pro Shops: Bass Pro Shops has a bowling alley like no other. The underwater theme is extremely entertaining, and you’ll definitely enjoy it. There’s a 12,000-gallon freshwater aquarium, a restaurant called Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill, tons of fun events throughout the year, and of course, lots of outdoor gear available for purchase.
View this post on Instagram
What’s your favorite thing about our store? Is it our 12,000 gallon freshwater aquarium or looking at our mounted game? There are so many aspects to our store so what’s your favorite? #basspro #tacomawa #aquarium #tacomawashington #pnw #pnwwounderland #beautiful #washingtonstate #fish #taxidermy #socool #bps #piercecounty #questions #whatsyourfavorite
- Fred Meyer: When it’s time for groceries, I go to Fred Meyer on 72nd and Pacific. It’s also close to several other shops, eateries, and services, making it easy to run errands.