Central Tacoma Neighborhood Spotlight
The Central Tacoma neighborhood is a hub of convenience, and it’s a great area to be in if you need to run errands. I mentioned a few of my favorite places in my video, but there are so many more! In addition to those I mentioned, here are some more of my favorite spots to visit:
- MSM (Magical Sandwich Makers): MSM on 6th Ave has been around longer than I can remember and is a landmark for the locals. You’ll find an extensive menu of sub sandwiches to choose from (or make your own).
- DOA (Dirty Oscar’s Annex): This is another good place to stop on 6th Ave—Dirty Oscar’s has it all, from breakfast and lunch to happy hour and dinner. You can expect “New American” cuisine and a long list of cocktails (which includes a fun “Moonshine” menu).
- Goofy Goose: If you want to pick up something quick, Goofy Goose serves up burgers and teriyaki for reasonable prices.
- Pacific Southern: Their motto is “Southern Meets Northwest Fresh” and there’s no better place if you’re looking for a hearty meal.
- Marcia’s Silver Spoon Café: This is another must-visit restaurant where you’ll never leave hungry! This family-run business is especially known for breakfast, comfort food, and generous portions.
- Go Philly: If you’re on your way downtown make sure you stop in at GoPhilly for some yummy eats. Their specialties are cheesesteaks and wings.
View this post on Instagram
Everyone said this spot made the best sandwiches in Tacoma, so I had to check 'em out. I got the 9" Mikes's Deluxe with everything (Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, etc). Hella bomb 💣💣💣💣!!! #msmdeli #tacoma #tacomaeats #tacomafood #mikesdeluxe #bestsandwiches #foodporn #foodphotography #foodblogger #foodblog #foodie #seattlefoodie #seatownfoodie #206foodie #foodieoftacoma
- Target: When I have errands to run, I usually find myself here or at one of the many other stores in the Tacoma Central complex. I always make time to stop into Famous Footwear to see what’s on sale, and Tacoma Central is also home to places like T.J. Maxx, Hobby Lobby, PetSmart, Office Depot, Dollar Tree, Sally Beauty, Carter’s, and more.
- North Cove Piercing Studio: Stop by North Cove Piercing Studio if you need some jewelry or a piercing done. Jake will take excellent care of you.