University Place Neighborhood Spotlight
We’ve spent much of 2020 safe at home, and I have some fantabulous places for you to shop, dine and play whether you’re ready to be out and about or if date night still means feasting on your restaurant favorites while emptying Netflix in your living room. I’ve got a few insider tips for finding whose dining rooms are beginning to open and who’s been keeping us all happy with curbside pickup, delivery and take-out.
Helping Small businesses of Tacoma – I love to support local businesses! This Facebook group comes together to buy gift cards to help area shops and restaurants right now. And these are *the* folks to ask about availability some of the basics we’ve taken for granted (like greeting cards, unique gifts and games to keep everyone busy) until we’re back to business as usual.
Where to Dine-Pierce County – If you’re a foodie living anywhere near Pierce County, this Facebook group run by former TNT food editor Sue Kidd is a must-join. Whatever it is you’re craving, this group can hook you up! (You can also find Sue blogging on her site Dine Pierce County.)
Take-Out/Delivery/Curbside Database – Food maven Sue Kidd is at it again with this comprehensive spreadsheet of 200+ Tacoma and Pierce County restaurants offering take-out, delivery and curbside service while restaurant dining rooms are closed. She’s even got it all laid out on a handy map!
Restaurant Dining Rooms Open Now – Now that dining rooms are beginning to open, Sue Kidd is sharing her list of restaurants inviting us all back now.
- Chambers Bay Grill – Reserve your table and take in the view of the golf course and the water and mountains beyond. Golfers and non-golfers alike head here for everything from breakfast right through happy hour.
- Sapporo Japanese Steakhouse – Casual and F-U-N, Sapporo serves traditional steak, seafood, and sushi. You can even get to know your chef as he prepares your meal right in front of you!
- Harbor Greens – So much more than a grocery store, Harbor Greens offers up a deli menu brimming with “Real Good” made to order sandwiches, soup, salad, hot or take & bake pizza, draft beer, wine by the glass and more.
- University Place Town Center – This is the heartbeat of UP, with the town offices and library plus great shopping and dining options like Whole Foods, Anthem Coffee & Tea, Trek Bicycle, Mod Pizza and Bliss Small Batch Creamery.
- Green Firs Towne Center – This is home to so many of my favorites: HomeGoods, Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, Safeway, Hallmark, Papa Murphy’s Safeway and more! If I can’t find it here, I start to wonder if I really needed it in the first place.
- Brassfields Salon And Day Spa – This is absolutely one of my favorite places to be pampered! Treat yourself and indulge in a manicure or facial or any of their other relaxing services.
View this post on Instagram
[massage by] -- Josie • Did you know we have a FULL DAY SPA??? . We offer all types of spa services including massage! What better way to spend your days off 💆♀️💆♂️ • #brassfields #brassfieldsfamily #brassfieldsloyal #tacomasalon #tacomadayspa #tacomawa #tacomahairstylist #tacomaesthetician #tacomahair #tacomawaxing #universityplacewa #universityplacesalon #universityplacedayspa #tacomabalayage #tacomablonde #tacomablondehair
- Chambers Bay Golf – Golfers of all abilities delight in the sandy windswept dunes of this 18-hole, walking-only course whose claim to fame was hosting the 2015 U.S. Open Championship.
- Chambers Creek Regional Park – Not everything at Chambers Bay is about golf! This park has walking trails, a beach, a play area and plenty of grassy meadow to burn of a little energy, not to mention some of the best water and mountain views around!
- Cirque/Bridgeport Park – Let’s be real: the skatepark is the star here, but there’s also open space and trails for walking off that scoop of ice cream—totally worth it!
- Kobayashi Park – One of my favorite places for some peace and quiet. Catch a glimpse of Leach & Chambers Creeks and enjoy the tall evergreens and all the usual park amenities.
Leave A Comment