East Tacoma Neighborhood Spotlight
East Tacoma is a great place to live! It’s a commuter’s dream, just minutes from I-5 and super close to downtown Tacoma and makes for a simple drive whether you’re heading to Seattle or JBLM. The East side has many of the historic homes that make Tacoma so wonderful plus new construction which you don’t see in other parts of the city. It’s happening on the East side!
Whether you’re looking for a new restaurant to try or a new park to explore, it’s always best to check the current hours of operation.
- El Antojo – Antojo is passionate about food: delicious, fresh and affordable food for all. Who can’t get behind that? A Tacoma staple since 2004, they serve up family recipes and new Mexican- and Latin American-inspired creations for breakfast right on through your late-night cravings.
- Spud’s Pizza – One of Tacoma’s oldest pizza spots, Spuds has been around since 1961 so you know they are doing something right. Dive into an order of their famous Spudder Chips, signature salads, Italian entrees, and, of course, pizza!
- Stanley & Seafort’s – This Tacoma landmark brings the views! Celebrate something or someone special over an upscale meal with the backdrop of Tacoma’s sparkling downtown and Commencement Bay. My insider tip: make a nighttime reservation.
- Dusty’s Hideaway – Drop in here for upscale sandwiches and pub food with a friendly vibe and something for all ages.
- Top of Tacoma Bar & Café – The eclectic atmosphere, fantastic menu and selection of draft craft beers make this an East Tacoma destination. And this makes a great choice when grabbing a bite with a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free crowd.
- Eastside Community Center – This exciting new space is truly a community collaboration. It has a fitness center, gym and pickleball activities you’d expect at any great rec center. But check out the wild slide at the indoor pool and lay down some tracks in the recording studio—yes, a recording studio!
- Swan Creek Park – Swan Creek has something for everyone: a salmon-bearing stream, wooded canyon, forest, paved trails, a community garden, and even a community garden. It’s also the home of Tacoma’s first trail system for mountain bikes!
- Stewart Heights Park – Get moving at Stewart Heights! Of course they have sports fields and a playground, but there’s also a large outdoor swimming pool and a skateboard park.