Puyallup Neighborhood Spotlight
Downtown Puyallup is known for its small-town feel, historic homes and one absolute must: the Puyallup Farmer’s Market. Over in South Hill you have everything at your fingertips from great shopping to tons of dining options. And wherever you go you’re just about guaranteed gorgeous mountain views to die for!
Whether you’re looking for a new restaurant to try or a fun place to shop, it’s always best to check the current hours of operation.
- Wicked Pie – This place brings the Puyallup history with original tin ceilings, 50 years of family recipes and one wicked pie! It’s everything you would expect from a true Italian pizzeria and they even offer a signature wood-fired pie named after the city.
- Bourbon Street Creole Kitchen & Bar – This is THE place for everything Cajun: steaks, fried catfish, hushpuppies, fried oysters—you get the idea. They even have two patios for outdoor seating and a family section.
- Crockett’s Public House – This local favorite was featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives—there’s even a section of the menu with the dishes they highlighted. They live up to their, “We’re not fancy, but we’re good,” motto with burgers, sandwiches, scratch-made soups and more, plus a selection of beer, wine and cocktails.
- Ayothaya Thai Cuisine – This is a local favorite for authentic Thai cuisine and culture, and it’s named in honor of the owners’ hometown. With two locations in Puyallup your favorite Thai dishes are never far!
- Endless Options! – Red Robin, Olive Garden, BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, The Ram, Black Angus Steakhouse, Applebee’s, and a fast-food restaurant for every craving.
- Puyallup Antique District – This collection of locally-owned shops is an adventure in antiques. People from all over the world stop here for shabby chic and retro finds, Native American pieces, artifacts, wall art and everything in between.
- South Hill Mall – You could get lost here with 100 stores, a food court and a movie theater. Get a fresh cut at one of the salons, check your prescription at LensCrafters or Pearle Vision, and put together a fantabulous outfit from the jewelry right down to the shoes. Then you can pick up all your household basics at Target.
- South Hill Shopping – This whole neighborhood is filled with great shopping! Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond and more!
THINGS TO DO
- Washington State Fair – No wonder it’s the largest annual event in Washington! The fair is all about the food, the rides and entertainment. The fair runs for 21 days every September, but don’t miss the 4-day Washington State Spring Fair every April—that’s a tip from me to you!
- Puyallup Farmer’s Market – One of the best things about Puyallup—spend your Saturdays here! Of course they have fresh fruits and vegetables, but there’s also entertainment, specialty foods, crafts and more. Put this one on your can’t-miss list!
- Mel Korum Family YMCA – Stay healthy or get healthy right here! This YMCA has exercise classes, childcare, camps and youth programs, swimming lessons and more.